The following subject guide represents only a small portion of our collections, and does not represent all of the subject strengths of our collections. Please remember that the listed titles are only those in Special Collections-- many other sources can be found in other units of the Library.
Though every attempt will be made to keep these guides current, please keep in mind that our collections are growing daily and we add titles in all subjects on an ongoing basis. If you would like to find out more about items in Special Collections or have a specific reference question, please email us at email@example.com.
Subject Guide to Chelan County
Central Washington University
Prepared by Anne Taylor
- Anderson, Eva Greenslit. John A. Gellatly, First Citizen. Wenatchee: Wenatchee World, 1947. F899.W4 G449 1947.
- Anderson, Eva Greenslit. Jacob Miller, Perennial Pioneer. Wenatchee: Wenatchee World, 1953. F899.W4 M55 1953.
- Anderson, Eva Greenslit. The Shotwell Story. Wenatchee: Wenatchee World, 1953. F891.S4.
- Anderson, Eva Greenslit. Charles F. Keiser, the Pioneer with a Yen for Work. Wenatchee: Wenatchee World, 1954. F899.W4 K45 1954.
- Anderson, Eva Greenslit. E. T. Pybus, the Ingenious Pioneer. Wenatchee: Wenatchee World, 1954. F899.W4 P93 1954.
- Anderson, Eva Greenslit. C. Clarence Ward, Pioneer Surveyor. Wenatchee: Wenatchee World, 1956. F897.W44 W37 1956.
- Anderson, Eva Greenslit. Dr. Isaac Hubbard, Manson's Pioneer Doctor. Wenatchee: Wenatchee World, n. d. F897.C4 H83.
- Blonk, Hu. Behind the By-Line. Wenatchee: the author, 1997. F899.W4 B56 1992.
- Briley, Ann. Lonely Pedestrian. Fairfield, WA: Ye Galleon, 1986. F891.S89 B75 1986.
- Bright, Al C. Apples Galore: The History of the Apple Industry in the Wenatchee Valley. Wenatchee: Directed Media, 1988. HD9259.A6 W2 1988.
- Brown, John Arthur. John Brown Centennial Bibliography. Wenatchee: Wenatchee Library, 1989. F899.W4 B76 1989.
- Byrd, Robert. Lake Chelan in the 1890s. Wenatchee: Byrd-Song Publishing, 1992. F897.C4 L35 1992.
- Dappen, Andy. Buckle of the Power Belt. Wenatchee: Wenatchee World, 2005. PN4899.W45 W46 2005.
- Dow, Edson. Passes to the North: the History of the Wenatchee Mountains. Wenatchee: Wenatchee Bindery, 1963. F897.C4 D6.
- Durham, Nelson Wayne. Lake Chelan in the 1890s. Wenatchee: R. Byrd, 1972. F897.C4 L35 1992.
- Gellatly, Bernice. The Story of John A. Gellatly. Wenatchee: Wenatchee World, 1973. F899.W4 G45 1973.
- Gellatly, John A. History of Wenatchee, the Apple Capital of the World. Wenatchee, 1963. F899.W4 G4
- Johnson, Donald. Fables, Folklore, and Fabrications: Tales of Laughter and Misfortunes of Cowboys, Apple-Knockers, Ranchers and Loggers in Central Washington . Wenatchee: Apple Blossom Publishing, 2003. PS3610.O334 F33 2003.
- Johnson, Margaret Walton. Above the Millpond: Early Days of Leavenworth in the 1920s. Omak: Walter Johnson, 2002. F899.L53 J64 2002.
- Mitchell, Bruce. By River, Trail, and Rail: A Brief History of the First Century of Transportation in the North Central Washington . Wenatchee: Wenatchee Daily World, 1968. HE213.W2 M57 1968.
- Scheuerman, Richard. The Wenatchee Valley and its First Peoples. Wenatchee: Wenatchee Valley Museum, 2005. E99.W53 S34 2005.
- Shotwell, Harry I. The Shotwell Story. Wenatchee: Wenatchee Daily World, 1953. F891.S4.
- United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. Wenatchee National Forest Fire Plan. Washington, D. C. : Government Printing Office, 1939. SD421.32.W2 W46 1939.
- Van Voorhis, Ford. Homesteaders of Chelan Butte. Portland: Binfords and Mort, 1984. F897.C4 V36 1984.
- Wenatchee World. Wenatchee Valley: Images of North Central Washington. Wenatchee: Wenatchee World, 2002. F897.W46 W46 2002.