Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
CWU Libraries logo
Ask a Librarian chat image Ask the Libraries

Library & Information Science

Masters Programs

Getting a minor or Type B Certificate can help open doors to careers in research or library and information science. However, if you would like to pursue a job as a librarian, you'll want to go for you Masters in Library and Information Science (MLIS).

The first step toward attending a masters program in library and information science is finding a program that fits your interests, professional goals, and is an ALA accredited program. Here are some tools for finding programs:

The CWU librarians are also a great resource for learning about MLIS program options. They have earned their degrees from several different programs throughout the US and Canada.

Getting into Graduate School